Sunday, December 19, 2004

I went to Foon Yew Sch in JB this afternoon to perform in their annual concert together with my other friends from NPS. Hmmm, probably only a 5 mins ride from the customs of Malaysia. IF! there's no traffic conjestion. So if i say i left sch at 3pm, you expected me to reach there by 4pm. BUT!!! I reach at abt 5.30pm. Haha! We walked along the causeway in the rain and walked through the streets, walked into a shopping centre and waited for the bus to fetch us to the sch. We were welcomed by 4 students of Foon Yew at the customs actually and they were friendly and warm. I felt their sincerity & appreciated them. They showed us ard & intro a few places (where u can eat great nasi lemak lah, mee rebus lah, HK tim sum lah etc) Their sch is a combination of sec and high sch and it's an independent chinese sch. Signboards were all in traditional chinese, and you can see a statue of Confucious rite in front of the entrance to the main lobby. Right at the front of the sch is a... Sea! What else... the sch has 97 yrs of history and it looks old. They haf basic facilities and hostles and many blks of building (come on, there's even one whole blk of building for Libary!!)
Walking into the sch makes me feel as though i'm back to my parent's sch haha! But they are like anyone of us. They speaks gd chinese, far better than alot of us and they put up a great performance. Althought their sch were not as new as schs in Singapore, but they are not at all inferior. They haf many talented and gd players at least.
Besides happy stuffs to share there are also unhappy ones. My performance was a cock up one, i guess it's the Grand Piano's fault. I'm too stressed by it. All along i dreamt of playing one and yet i ruined it. I must admit tt i didn't put in alot of effort in practising this song, to be frank i could haf done better. At the same time, luck was totally not with me, the lightings were not to my favour, my shadows covered the entire 1 side of the bk, i had to "feel" my keys and "imagine" the notes to play. I was really sad tt i sobbed immediately i got down the stage, i felt humiliated by their applause, at the same time feeling remorseful.
My partner didn't mind my mistakes, and well, he tot tt he had made unpardonabel mistakes but he took it well, he suggested tt we shld learn from this performance. I agreed.
Ahem!!! Alright this is my 3rd time playing piano accompaniment, i think it's experience tt i lacked. And i will not give up, i do a better the next time. I hope... ...
Hmmm to add on, it's really impt tt i don't feel too stressed and anxious b4 performance, i admit i was today, cos the thought of me going to play the Grand makes me so. My anxiety spoils it all, i rather i was playing on a normal piano instead. I really haf to learn to control my pre-performance feelings.
It took me 3 hrs to get bk to S'pore. Shld haf eaten something in JB... I had to squeeze myself all the way up to the customs, took a long bus ride to S'pore's custom and took a Taxi back to sch (luckily can claim ah!) Hahaha!
I'm eating instant noodles rite nw, although i had dinner, i guess i stressed too much tt i used up alot of energy.
I'm thankful tt i was given a chance to perform in JB's Foon Yew sch, a learning experience indeed, there are so many i could learn from them.
Cheers to my next few performances!!!!

gecko85 obsessed with Jay Chou (>,<) Sunday, December 19, 2004
Comments:
Wah!! Play piano ah? Must play for me to listen... I also want to listen!! =P

Meng Lye
 
Post a Comment

+Tagboard!+

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

+Profile+


Location: Singapore.
Birthdate: 08/03/85 ; Pisces
Sch: Woodlands Pri, Bukit View Pri & Sec, Ngee Ann Poly

The current mood of gecko85 at www.imood.com


+Friends+


+Hangout+



[*Yahoo*]
[*MSN*]
[**BeYoNd**]
[**JaY ChOu**]
[**Zhou Dong**]
[^^Fernando Torres^^]
[*Videos*]
[**Highly Recommended**]
[*AliveNotDead*]
[*Friendster*]


+Archives+

July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
December 2007

+Credits+

Powered by Blogger
Found at Blogskins
Layout by Rachel